These are easy ways to style fall outfits with thrifted basics!
We are officially into fall weather here in Colorado and I’m very happy about it! I’ve pulled out my sweaters and started layering up. I’ve thrifted a few new items to add to my fall wardrobe this season. I’m excited to share with you how I’ve been styling these thrifted basics for easy fall outfits!
If you want to thrift new clothes for fall and winter, but you don’t know where to start, keep your eye out for these versatile pieces that you can easily mix and match:
- First up, a Levi’s denim jacket! A good denim jacket is such a versatile piece. I’m always reaching for mine to layer when the weather begins to cool down. This particular jacket I thrifted many years ago with my mama and it has held up so well.
- I’m always on the hunt for neutral sweaters and tops. I have three included in the fall outfits: a tan knit turtleneck, a cream sweater, and a white cardigan.
- Next, denim jeans: lately, I’ve been putting on these thrifted wide leg black jeans and Levi’s skinny jeans.
- A printed skirt: I love the pattern of this skirt. It can be paired with many colors, and I even wore it to a wedding this weekend with a black turtleneck and clogs.
- Lastly, a neutral mule or shoe to pair with any outfit!
If you feel overwhelmed with the thought of trying to thrift these items, check out my Thrifting 101 FREE EBOOK, for thrifting tips and tricks to get started.
Here are the fall outfits I created with the thrifted basics!
Fall Outfit 1: Denim Jacket, White Cardigan, Wide Leg Black Jeans, Cognac Heeled Mules
This outfit is great for everyday wear! The denim jacket is perfect for layering and these black wide leg jeans go with any top or sweater.
Fall Outfit 2: Cream Sweater, Printed Skirt, Cognac Heeled Mules
This outfit is a little more dressy, yet simple and easy to wear. I wore this skirt with a black turtleneck to a wedding this weekend and it was very comfortable. Long skirts are easy to dress up or down, and I can see myself wearing this skirt in all seasons!
Fall Outfit 3: Tan Knit Sweater, Levi’s jeans, Cognac Heeled Mules
I wore this outfit today! Very comfortable, easy and cozy. You really can’t go wrong with a simple turtleneck sweater and jeans. I know skinny jeans are on their way out of style, but this pair I can’t seem to let go of yet! Usually, I keep clothes as long as I enjoy wearing them, and I will do that with these jeans too.
I hope these fall outfits inspire you to head to your local thrift store and see what you can find! Thrifting is such a great way to build a wardrobe that is unique, sustainable, and doesn’t break the bank!
Follow along for more thrift tips and show me your fall outfits with thrifted basics in the comments, on Facebook or Instagram! Would love to see what y’all come up with.